In the above picture we see a stone yard. In this case the
lawn is forgotten and rocks are made part of the
landscape. This is recommended for reasons such as ease
of maintenance and to avoid a muddy yard during winter.
|Increase your property value by
redesigning your outdoors.
|10 Tips for making sure your
contractor measures up.
1. Hire only licensed contractors.
2. Check the contractor's license number by calling 1-800-321-CSLB or
doing a License Check.
3. Get three references, and review past work.
4. Get at least three bids.
5. Get a written contract and do not sign anything until you completely
understand the terms.
6. Pay 10% down or $1,000, whichever is less.
7. Don't let payments get ahead of work. Keep records of payments.
8. Don't make final payment until you're satisfied with the job.
9. Don't pay cash.
10. Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project.
|Efrain's Landscape Construction
*"10 Tips for making sure your contractors measures up" and videos taken from the Department of Consumer Affairs at www.clsb.ca.gov
(A good source for contractor regulations)